Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Planning for Our Annual Pancake Breakfast

At last week's meeting, we discussed the need for planning our Annual Pancake Breakfast. When Tim and I attended the District 15 meeting the week before, we noticed that almost every Kiwanis Club was planning a Pancake Breakfast for March or April. Lt. Governor Jerry Seppelt suggested we all try to support each other's Pancake Breakfasts. I suggested two things to Tim as we drove home-one, if we supported everyone's Pancake Breakfast we would probably gain ten pounds and, by the time our Pancake Breakfast came around we would be very tired of pancakes.

When I shared these observations with the club, my fears were calmed because, true to form, the South East Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast is "More than a Pancake Breakfast" because we serve french toast as well. I am sorry that Tim and I won't be there to help plan the breakfast since we travel to Columbus the last Wednesday of every month, but we will be there to help out the day of the breakfast.

I made Dennis promise not to volunteer Tim and me for too many tasks, but he just chuckled in that way he has. Should I be worried?

No comments: